Dentist, Garage and Pliability in the way today … Timing might be strange.
- 100g rye starter
- 460g strong white flour (M&S organic)
- 340g water
- 5g salt
- squeeze syrup
- EVOO (I can’t remember if I put any in. I’ve a feeling I didn’t)
- ~0700 – On Menu 29 for a bit.
- ~0750 – It’s had about 35 minutes. Got Pliability now. Onto Menu 30
- ~1022 – Not risen a huge amount. It’s had about 2½ hours and I’ve got to go to the dentist now. And I want this for lunchtime, so on to Menu 18 for full hour and half.
- 1155 – Looks OK.
Seems OK. I put a blob of syrup on top before baking and it’s run down the side again. Probably shouldn’t do this. It really didn’t look like it rose much at all during the Menu 30 proof.