Cotswold Crunch sourdough (***)
Time to give the Cotswold Crunch a try. See what all the fuss is about.
- 70g starter
- 70g strong white flour (M&S organic)
- 70g water
On to Menu 32 for 20 minutes. Then Menu 30 for a 2 hour rest. This over-ran, and ended being nearly 5 hours resting (at 30℃).
- 400g Cotswold Crunch
- 260g water
- 15g EVOO
- 3g salt
20 minutes on menu 32 then overnight on menu 10.
Noticeably less risen than other loaves but not overly dense. Really tasty, but very slightly dense and flat top. I wonder if that 5 hour rest made a difference, or just different flour.
Most used program menus
- Menu 10 – French (bake)
- Menu 18 – Bake Only (bake)
- Menu 29 – Rustic Sourdough (dough)
- Menu 30 – Sourdough Starter (dough)
- Menu 32 – Pizza Dough (dough)
Abbreviations sometimes used
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- swf – Strong White Flour
More notes: Breadmaker notes