Not a sourdough this time. Looking for something as soft as possible. So went with the Easy Ciabatta (Menu 12) program overnight on timer. I took a hunch on tweaking some of the quantities in the hope of making the loaf softer but it didn’t make much difference. In fact if anything it made it crustier.
- 500g strong white flour (M&S organic)
- 40g EVOO (recipe states 3tbsp)
- squeeze (quite a big one) of syrup
- 5g salt
- 340g water (up from 310g in recipe)
- 1tsp dried yeast
overnight on the timer on menu 12.
Turned out fine. More crusty than expected, and after all the sourdough loaves to go suddenly to an all white non-sourdough was a bit bland.
Most used program menus
- Menu 10 – French (bake)
- Menu 18 – Bake Only (bake)
- Menu 29 – Rustic Sourdough (dough)
- Menu 30 – Sourdough Starter (dough)
- Menu 32 – Pizza Dough (dough)
Abbreviations sometimes used
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- swf – Strong White Flour
More notes: Breadmaker notes