I’m planning to try a French Loaf (Menu 10) on the timer overnight. Generally I’ve found the French loaf menu the most forgiving; perhaps it’s something to do with the longer program. From my reading it looks like it has one of the shorter (10-20 minutes) knead times so I’m hoping this will prevent too much kneading. I’ll go with French (menu 10) but will do rustic sourdough (menu 29) first.
- 80g wheat starter
- 460g strong white flour (End of Duchy Organic packet, start of Doves organic)
- squeeze of syrup
- 7g salt
- 20g EVOO (was meant to be 15g)
- 335g water
- 1840: Menu 10 (Sourdough Starter) (full cycle).
- ~2200: Menu 29 (French). Overnight.
Good. Things to bear in mind:
- It had an indeterminate length of time in pan after Menu 10.
- It had several hours resting overnight before Menu 29 began.
There’s a couple of unknowns here:
- Does the dough cycle heat the pan at all? i.e. to a nominal 30⁰C
- Likewise, does the rest pre-phase for Menu 29 heat the pan?
My hunch is that it does but there are couple of unknowns here I need to check out.