- 80g rye starter
- 460g strong white flour (Duchy organic)
- squirt of syrup
- about 3g of salt
- 335g water
- 15g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
- 0830: Place ingredients in machine. Start Menu 29 (Rustic Sourdough – dough). This is about 2 hours 30 kneading with rest in the middle.
- ~0910: Add the EVOO that I forgot to add at the beginning. The first kneading already done so it’s just pooling round the edges.
- ~1000: Dough cycle complete. That doesn’t seem right. An hour and a half? Perhaps I started earlier, or the program is variable. Set machine to Menu 30 (Sourdough Starter) for a few hours.
- ~1350: Menu 11 (Rustic Sourdough – bake).
Not too bad for a first attempt. Quite dense but nice taste. Initial thoughts:
- The dough rises encouragingly but I can’t help thinking it gets overworked.
- All the bake recipes, except bake only (which can’t be done on timer) do a knead.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)